About OKO centre
OKO centre is a young organisation with a clear goal to spread education, culture and of personalities general development. Our participants are children, youth and adults of all age. We deal with educational activities, development, culture, publication and publishing activities. We are arranging languages courses (English, German, French, Russian, Spanish and Italian for children, youth and adults) specialized courses and seminars (communication, marketing, management, work with PC, psychology…), summer camps, youth exchanges, courses and other actions (competitions, tourist trips, social and international meetings, recondition stays) and Europe voluntary service.
EVS – European Voluntary Service in OKO
There is some basic information about our project EYE in OKO CZ:
- Main themes are: Art and culture + Media and communications/Youth information.
- EYE 3 – Volunteer can start her/his project activity from January 15th 2018 for 8 months.
- Area description: Rychnov is often called small town or village for our volunteers, but for some volunteers, who are also from villages, is Rychnov nice, calm and quiet town with wonderful countryside. The town itself is small, with around 12,000 inhabitants. It is quiet in the evening and very peaceful with very little crime (if any) and it feels like a very safe place to live. For young people there is a lot of choice of leisure activities for such a small town; with a new swimming pool, gym and exercise complex, ice-rink, cinema, theatre, museum, castle, and nearby there is countryside with lakes, rivers and woods where it is possible to take walks or go cycling, a short bus ride away are the mountains for skiing in the winter..
- Flat: Accommodation – the volunteer will be offered accommodation in a single
room in a shared flat with other volunteers. Kitchen and bathroom will be shared. The rooms and the kitchen are fully furnished and can be used by the volunteer. Usually two volunteers will stay in one flat – each of them will have his/her own room.
- No racism. We have a good experience with our local community. Our people are ready to welcome and accept every motivated volunteer. There are even looking forward to meet volunteers, because they have a good experience with EVS quite long time
- Both sexes are welcome! We are able to accept a male and a female, too.
- Our NA doesn’t accept for our project volunteers with fewer opportunities – NO!
- Volunteers will take part in these activities during the project:Exhibition,Bulletin, Updating web page (volunteers´blog), English/German/French/Spanish conversation clubs, Teaching assistance in English/French/German/Spanish courses, Interaction with the Public, Intercultural evenings, Actions for children (Bambiriada, Open day), Summer camp, Decoration and tidying
More information about EYE here
What else can you do in/next to this project? Self initiated activitiesDepending on the volunteers’ initiative, talents or specialities it is up to them to present new ideas for what they might like to do beside their regular work. For example there has been a cinema club, where participants can watch a film in another language then as a group discuss the topics; software tuition in English where students learn to use Photoshop or build a website; or participation in children’s clubs to teach the first words in another language.
As every year there will be another group of volunteers in OKO centre, it could be possible to co-operate with them to design another project or discuss existing idea.
Our project is varied and we would like to cooperate with wolunteers who are creative, open and willing to work independently. We offer possibility of personal growth and you can use your ideas, thoughts and abilities. Link – video about volunteering in OKO centre Volunteers in OKO (new): http://okocentrum.blogspot.cz/
Volunteers in OKO (2010-12): http://evsoko.blogspot.cz/
Czech volunteers abroad: http://okovolunteer.blog.cz/
Facebook volunteers in OKO
And how to get from Prague to Rychnov? Our former volunteer Emi put together this great video for you:
If you still need more information about our project or our organization, don’ t hesitate and contact us: